Sunday, May 13, 2012

I had a lovely mother's day today. I had contact with all my children and my Mark made his lovely traditional Mother's Day breakfast of whole wheat waffles, fresh strawberries and cream, orange juice and milk. We went to church, and then he made dinner too. Marinated chicken and fresh cobs of corn on the grill accompanied by fresh green beans and red potatoes. Dessert followed as brownie sundaes with a cherry on top. Then the prize for being a mom....presents! He gave me a Byer's Choice doll, a woman in lavendar. She is just lovely. And he gave me a yogurt maker (it's what I wanted), and a lovely card from Lexy and one from him too. I am spoiled and blessed. I love Mother's Day. I can't help but reflect on my own mom too. How thankful I am for that little, frail, nearly 93 year old woman who bathed and fed and taught and loved me. I am truly blessed. I love being a mom.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Jacquie! We had the same thing for breakfast! My favorite! Plus we had chicken on the grill, too, plus salmon. We must be related.